HOTEL WOD – So most hotel gyms have a basic set up of dumbbells up to approximately 50lbs, a treadmill and some multi-function unit with a pull-up bar. Estimate your DB weights by taking 2/3 to 3/4 of your barbell weight and then divide that number in 1/2. (i.e 95lb bar = approx. 70 – 80 lbs in less stable weights or 35 – 40lb DB’s)
1. Thruster and pull-up combinations (21/15/9 alternating, 10-1 and 1-10 alternating, or AMRAP for 5-1o minutes of designated reps alternating)
2. Run 1/4 mile on treadmill, 15 DB snatches (L), 15 DB snatches (R) and do 3 – 5 rounds
3. 3 rounds – 50 air squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 DB renegade row/push ups
4. 20 minute AMRAP – 5 pull-ups, 10 DB squat clean & jerk, 15 DB RDL
5. 6-10 rounds: 6 HSPU, 9 knees to elbows, 12 DB swings
BODYWEIGHT WOD - When you don’t have the resources of even a minimal gym. Go for a 3-5 mile run or find a local yoga class. When in doubt these are great any where WOD’s…
1. find a hill from 50m up to 200m and run hill sprints (4 up to 20 rounds or so)… go until you can’t sustain your pace within 10-20%
2. AMRAP – (12-20 minutes) 20 Squats (variations), 10 push-ups (variations), 10 sit-ups/tuck-ups/V-ups and find something to do pull-ups on
3. 100 burpees for time followed by some core work and running
4. tabata intervals – hollow rocks, squats, push-ups, supermans
5. mix handstand work, jumps, sprints, lunges, bridges or climbing through intervals with rest or pick what you can and do 5 rounds of each exercise.
**Always look for a local affiliate (http://map.crossfit.com/) where ever your travels take you, call ahead and drop-in. You will almost always find a very welcoming, friendly new group of friends to get your WOD on with.